Have you installed Smart Device Manager on your child's phone?
Safely Family Utility is an app that provides the behind-the-scenes magic that powers Sprint Mobile Controls. You will need to install Safely Family Utility on your child's phone before you can use Sprint Mobile Controls.
To check if Safely Family Utility is running on your child's phone:
- On the phone, open Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap Running services.
- Look for Safely Family Utility.
- If you don't see Safely Family Utility, you will need to install it.
To install Safely Family Utility:
- On the phone you want to activate, go to Google Play (formerly Android Market) and search for Safely Family Utility, or follow this link on the phone you would like to activate for Sprint Mobile Controls.
- Once you're on the Sprint Mobile Controls Google Play page, tap the Install button.
- Follow the instructions to install Safely Family Utility on your child's phone.
- After installation, you must open the app to get it started. Once started, Safely Family Utility runs in the background and you can close the application on your phone.
Does the website say there are errors on your phone?
If we catch a problem with Mobile Controls on your phone, we will display an error on the Mobile Controls website.
- Login to your account at http://mobilecontrols.sprint.com/signIn.htm.
- Click on the phone you are having trouble with in the list of phones on the left side of the screen.
- If there is an error, it will display at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions in the error message to correct the issue.